Punjabi chhole recipe
1.5 bowls of garbanzo beans
1 red chilly
2 bay leaves
dry mango powder
chhole masala (Everest or Badshah)
- Soak the garbanzo beans overnight or for 8-10 hours.
- Pressure cook the beans and the potato.
- Take some oil in a pan. Add the red chilly, bay leaves, chopped onion & ginger -garlic paste to it and fry till onion is golden brown.
- Add the boiled garbanzo beans and 1/2 glass of water.
- Add the chopped tomato.
- Add salt, chilly powder, corriander powder, dry mango powder and the chhole masala and stir. Cook the chhole for 15-20 mins & serve with hot parathas.
- Garnish with finely chopped onions , green chillies and corriander (whole chilly cut from the centre).