Baking Soda or Eno fruitsalt
finely chopped green chillies
finely chopped cilantro
- Take the dhokla flour and equal quantity of yogurt in a utensil and mix it well. Cover the utensil and keep it aside for fermentation for 10-12 hours.
- After fermentation, add some water, turmeric powder, salt, finely chopped green chillies, ginger paste and mix well. Add a pinch of Baking Soda or Eno fruitsalt and stir.
- Apply oil in the dhokla stand. Pour the dhokla batter in the stand and cook the dhoklas (in a pressure cooker with the cooker whistle removed). Cook for 10-15 mins.
- After cooking, remove the dhokla plates and cut the dhokla into small square pieces.
- For garnishing, heat some oil in a pan. On heating, add mustard seeds, finely chopped green chillies, curry leaves and asafoetida.
- Pour the oil all over the dhoklas. Garnish with finely chopped cilantro and grated coconut.
- Heat half a cup of water in a pan and bring it to a boil. Add 4 tsp of sugar to it. Pour this water over the garnished dhoklas.
- The dhoklas are ready to be served. Serve with fresh green chutney.